Community groups and organisations can apply now for grants of up to £1,000 for projects which encourage more people in the LN6 postcode area of Lincolnshire to be active, more often.
The LN6 Active Community Grants scheme is provided by Lincolnshire County Council and administered by Lincolnshire Sports Partnership which is a registered charity.
Access LN6 is a £6.5 million programme which aims to improve sustainable transport options in the LN6 area and increase opportunities to walk, cycle and use public transport, as well as improving health throughout the community.
Grants are for the development or support of activities within the LN6 area which encourage people to be active.
There will be two funding rounds with £20,000 available in total. Grants can cover 100% of the project costs up to a maximum level of £1,000.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a registered charity, voluntary group, sports club, parish council or social enterprise.
- Have a constitution or governing document.
- Have a bank account (or evidence that an account is being set up).
- Have a project or activity taking place in the LN6 postcode area.
Grants can only be used for community events and activities that will directly result in more people being more active on a regular basis.
- Take place within the LN6 postcode area.
- Help promote participation in physical activity particularly through volunteering effort.
- Uphold equalities and the principle of fair and open access to all local people.
- Be new and sustainable events or activities.
Examples of the type of costs that can be supported include:
- Revenue and capital costs.
- Equipment purchase.
- Volunteer expenses.
- Meeting room and hall hire.
The first application deadline is 17 June 2013 (5pm).
Source: GRANTfinder Newsflash