The Department of Health’s policy research programme invites applications for its research initiative on physical activity. This initiative focuses on physical activity and sport. Applications are invited on the following themes:
- public and professional understanding of the core messages about physical activity;
- NHS health checks;
- how to change physical activity behaviour among those who are the least active;
- settings and points in the life-course when intervention is likely to be most cost-effective;
- options to promote non-sport physical activity using interventions to elicit behavioural change;
- assessing the burden of physical inactivity on direct and indirect costs
- assessing the broader impacts and costs of physical activity interventions on specific health conditions;
- assessing the health impacts and economic benefits of cross-sector physical activity interventions.
Applications are accepted from across the UK, but most address the priority areas in a way that is relevant to the needs in England. Applicants are encouraged to submit multidisciplinary applications.
The budget for this call is £2 million and costings can include up to 100 per cent full economic costing. This is a two-stage application process and the deadline for receipt of stage 1 applications is: 1.00 pm Tuesday 11 December 2012.
For further information please visit the funder’s web page for this opportunity
The application form can be viewed here: Application Form