The new advisory structure will be called CAF (DG CONNECT Advisory Forum for ICT Research and Innovation) and will replace ISTAG, the Information and Communication Technologies Advisory Group for the 7th Framework Programme. CAF is being set up as part of the preparation for Horizon 2020 and will be instrumental in developing the direction of research and innovation activities and initiatives dealing with communication networks, computing systems, digital content and related technologies.
Prospective members should correspond to the following profiles:
- Members with expertise in technological aspects of ICT (emphasis on industry, SMEs);
- Members with expertise in transformative frontier research;
- Members with an ICT perspective of the societal challenges;
- ICT market development and governance actors; and
- Members representing the views of civil society.
More detailed descriptions are provided in the call text.
The call for expressions of interest is open until 26 October 2012 and applications may be submitted by individuals, representatives of collective interest groups and organisations.