The Alliance for Useful Evidence is seeking researchers, writers and consultants with experience of research and writing for policymakers for short projects for the next year (up to May 2013). You must have a detailed knowledge of the subject areas listed below and the ability to write highly accessible and readable prose aimed at policymakers and non-specialist audiences.
- good evidence, including standards, kitemarks and forms of evidence;
- building the social and economic case for evidence;
- the contribution of science to social policy;
- mainstreaming evidence in social finance;
- commissioners and evidence;
- how evidence can transform your charity;
- evidence at the local level;
- evidence for the frontline – what works for practitioners;
- social media and public policy;
- role of systematic reviews in social policy;
- lessons from overseas – international perspectives on decision making;
- open data and data opportunities for evidence and policy.
The total budget for this call will be £40,000. Projects can receive up to £5,000 and should finish by May 2013.
Deadline for expressions of interest: 1 February 2013