You may remember in September I took part in a Guardian HE Live Chat on research funding with a number of other knowledgeable and wise folk from around the UK and overseas. The best bits from that chat have now been published on the Guardian Higher Education Network site:
There is some useful advice here, especially for early career researchers and those new to the research funding game:
- How to think about the impact of your research
- Looking for alternative sources of funding to cope with UK cuts
- Making the most of feedback on unsuccessful bids
- The importance of collaboration
…and of course, that old chestnut:
- Contact your research support office at an early stage!