As you know the EU’s Seventh Research Framework Programme (FP7) will finish at the end of this year and the main European Research Council (ERC) calls for proposals under FP7 are already closed. The next ERC calls will be made under the future programme, Horizon 2020, that will take over from FP7 for 2014 to 2020. Horizon 2020 is still under negotiation however the ERC has issued a preliminary schedule for 2014 – as with previous transitions from one framework programme to another this is likely to differ so should be taken on a purely indicative basis only:
- Publication of the provisional schedule for the new calls (ERC Work Programme 2014), late in 2013;
- Opening and submission deadlines of new ERC calls throughout 2014:
– Opening and submission deadline for Starting grants; first and second quarter of 2014
– Opening and submission deadline for Consolidator grants; second quarter of 2014
– Opening and submission deadline for Advanced grants; fourth quarter of 2014
- No further calls for Synergy grants in 2013 and 2014;
- Normal schedule for Proof of Concept grants (one call with two deadlines in 2014). Although no final decision has yet been taken by the EU, the ERC Scientific Council provides, without any commitment, this provisional information for the convenience of the scientific community.