The general objectives of the European Union’s 2014-2020 Health Programme are to:
– Promote health, prevent diseases and foster supportive environments for healthy lifestyles taking into account the ‘health in all policies’ principle.
– Protect EU citizens from serious cross-border health threats.
– Contribute to innovative, efficient and sustainable health systems.
– Facilitate access to better and safer healthcare for Union citizens.
The 2014 Call for Project Grants has a budget of €12.3 million and focuses on the following seven topics:
1. PJ-01-2014 Innovation to prevent and manage chronic diseases – budget of €2.5 million
2. PJ-02-2014 Early diagnosis and screening of chronic diseases – budget of €1.5 million
3. PJ-03-2014 Professional reintegration of people with chronic disease – budget of €1 million
4. PJ-04-2014 Adherence, frailty, integrated care and multi-chronic conditions – budget of €3 million
5. PJ-05-2014 Statistical data for medicinal product pricing – budget of €300,000
6. PJ-06-2014 Health monitoring and reporting system – budget of €3.5 million
7. PJ-07-2014 Healthcare associated infection in long-term care – budget of €500,000
The 2014 Call for Operating Grants has a budget of €4.65 million. Grants will be awarded to non-governmental bodies, including networks, working at the EU level in any priority covered by the Third Health Programme. However, special attention will be given to NGOs/networks working at the EU level in the fields of chronic diseases, cancer, HIV/AIDS, rare diseases and smoking prevention.
The deadline for applications for Operating Grants and Project Grants is 25 September 2014.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)