Funding is available to help strengthen regional museums and galleries in the UK by helping organisations to enhance and sustain curatorial development to attract a broader public. The Foundation is particularly interested in funding museums and galleries that plan to:
– Support new ways of working both for established curators and those just starting out.
– Work in partnership with others to develop and share good practice.
– Ensure that the experience from the work funded is integrated into any future plans.
The focus of the fund is on visual and decorative arts and social and natural history collections.
Applicants should demonstrate:
– Excellence in their field at a national level.
– National significance, usually through a unique or high quality collection.
– A commitment to broadening audiences.
The budget for 2014/15 is £380,000. The Foundation expects to make about four grants for periods of two to three years. The 2014/15 deadline for first-stage applications is 3 October 2014.
(This report was the subject of a GRANTfinder Newsflash.)