BBSRC’s FLexible Interchange Programme (FLIP) supports the movement of people from one environment to a different one to exchange knowledge/technology/skills, developing bioscience research/researchers and addressing our strategic priorities.
FLIP awards provide flexible opportunities for individuals (“the interchangers”) moving between different organisations, disciplines and sectors at all stages in their career beyond the PhD (or equivalent).
In the region of 10 awards will be made in the first year, building to 20 per annum over subsequent years.
Awards will typically:
- last up to 24 months
- cost up to £150k in total at 80% fEC
- be undertaken on a full-time, part-time or intermittent basis
- cover a contribution to the salary of the interchangers, reasonable travel and subsistence and costs associated with the interchange
Applications outside these ranges will be considered with full justification.
FLIP aims to:
- enhance opportunities for the exchange of knowledge, technology and people between the research base and user communities and vice versa for economic and/or societal benefit
- facilitate the development of partnerships to foster longer-term collaborations, thereby maximising the impact of previously-funded BBSRC research
- allow for an expansion of the skill base of individuals, particularly in emerging, niche and vulnerable areas alongside our strategic priorities