In June 2016 the ESRC is planning to announce a Secondary Data Analysis Initiative (SDAI) highlight call as part of its contribution to the new Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF). The fund will address global challenges through disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and will strengthen capability for research and innovation within both UK and developing countries, providing an agile response to emergencies where there is an urgent research need.
The highlight notice aims to:
- utilise existing data resources to produce high-quality, impactful research on developing countries
- improve the capacity and methods for secondary data research in and on developing countries
- co-produce substantive and innovative data research in readiness for future GCRF calls
- provide insight into existing data resources which can be used to conduct research on developing countries
ESRC have identified 5 thematic areas to contribute to the GCRF:
- Building effective institutions in conflict-affected and fragile states.
- Migration, mobility and development.
- Dynamics of inequalities.
- Innovation and inclusive economic growth.
- Shocks, security, risks and resilience.
Projects are available for up to £200,000 at 100% FEC over a maximum of 18 months. The call opens on 10th June with a submission deadline of 11th July 2016.
For more information please visit the ESRC website.