The European Commission, Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry, has published a call for tenders regarding the second generation of the ‘European Cluster Observatory’.
The subject of the contract is to launch the second generation of the ‘European Cluster Observatory’ aimed at supporting efforts to promote the development of more world-class clusters in Europe, notably with a view to fostering competitiveness and entrepreneurship in emerging industries and facilitating SMEs’ access to clusters and their internationalisation activities through clusters.
The main task of the ‘European Cluster Observatory’ is to offer statistical analysis, mapping tools and policy advice towards the design of more evidence-based cluster policy in Europe.
Specific aims to be met by ‘European Cluster Observatory II’ are to:
- Publish a biannual European cluster panorama (statistical cluster mapping)
- Provide a European cluster trend analysis report
- Develop a European stress test for cluster policy
- Provide customised advice to selected model demonstrator regions
- Promote and raise awareness of the role that clusters and cluster policy can play
For more information, contact Research and Income Generation Support at Research and Enterprise, or write to:
- European Commission, Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry
- Directorate D — SMEs and Entrepreneurship
avenue d’Auderghem 45
For the attention of: Ms Joanna Drake — Director
- OJS 119 (21.06.2013) (.pdf)