The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) is looking to appoint between 2 and 4 committed individuals from academic and industry to increase membership on their Strategy Advisory Panels in the following areas:
- Basic bioscience underpinning health
- Exploiting new ways of working
- Food security
- Industrial biotechnology and bioenergy
The Panels advise on BBSRC’s support for research, training and knowledge transfer in their respective areas, on the impacts of the Council’s investments in those areas, and on its interactions with other funders both nationally and internationally. The objectives of the panels are:
- To develop and maintain an overview of relevant research, training and knowledge exchange across the BBSRC community in the period 2011-2015.
- To maintain an overview of the research, training and knowledge exchange activities supported by other sponsors, both nationally and internationally.
- To advise BBSRC on the strategic direction of its research, training and knowledge exchange portfolio, in order to maintain the competitiveness of the UK in line with the Strategic Plan (2010-2015).
All applicants will be required to complete an Expression of interest form (DOC 113KB) which should be returned to BBSRC by the deadline of 2 March 2012.
For further details on time commitments, duration of appointment and remuneration, and to download an expression of interest please visit the call page.